Sourdough Cinny Rolls
- 160 g (2/3 cup) milk, whole or 2%
- 28 g (2 tbsp) unsalted butter, melted (see notes below for variation)
- 1 large egg
- 100 g (1/2 cup) levain
- 24 g (2 tbsp) granulated sugar
- 300 g (2½ cups) King Arthur all-purpose flour
- 5 g (1 tsp) fine sea salt
- cooking spray or oil, for coating
- 28g unsalted butter (see notes below for variation)
- 100g granulated sugar
- 3 tsp. ground cinnam
- 1level tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup whipped cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼– 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted (add more if you like it sweet!)
- 1–2 tbsp milk
- Mix dough ingredients
- Let rest for 30
- Knead by hand for 6 minutes (The dough should feel soft, supple and pull away from the sides of the bowl when ready. If it’s too sticky add a small bit of flour.)
- Bulk Ferment
- Cover the bowl and let rest on the counter for 10-12 hours till doubled
- Roll into rectangle
- Apply filling
- Roll up
- Cut dough and place on tray
- Let rise for 1 hour or freeze here
- Bake at 350
- Place the cut & shaped cinnamon rolls into a parchment lined 9-inch springform pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Freeze until ready to use.
- The night before baking, remove the old plastic wrap and replace with fresh wrap (this prevents any condensation from dripping onto the rolls).
- Defrost overnight, about 10-12 hrs. at room temperature, approximately 67 F.
- Bake the following morning at 350°